We took the 2-day Halong bay tour with Huong Hai Sealife Cruise which was recommended by my friends. We paid more than 180 USD/1 person, which was alittle bit more expensive than other companies but we didn't regret it. The package included
- hotel pick-up in the morning and drop-off at your hotel in the next afternoon
- mini bus transfer to Halong bay in a relatively new car with properly working A/C (driver was no maniac: careful, whereby this doesn't mean he was driving too slow)
- 2 small bottles of water FREE
- very big boat and totally new.
- My room is very big and with a private balcony
- delicious and extensive lunch buffet, dinner, breakfast + welcome drink + 2 wet & cold refreshing towels
- visiting the cave (very beautiful)
- kayaking (we had a special deal with my tour agent that this is included)
- very nice tour guide (Mr Quyen) who spoke a good English and very attentive
- Ms Nga in Huong Hai Sealife Halong Cruise is very helpful arranging my trip from the beginning to the end.
Whether it is necessary to stop on the way to and back from Halong bay at a place where you can buy overpriced souvenirs for half an hour each may remain questionable, but our impression is that all tour operators do it.
We were absolutely happy with Sealife Cruise and would use them for other trips as well if we had more time! 100% recommendation!